standard tires and rims - Buick Encore Forum : Buick Encore Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-15-2013, 06:43 AM Thread Starter

standard tires and rims

Buick made it simple by offering one size. 18x7. There are two options for chrome finish or painted.

Tires are 215/55/18 Continentals that are designed to be fuel efficient and quiet.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-25-2013, 06:23 AM

i would preffer to chrome painted because then i will be tension free that if rain comes then then it will not get hurt or not get crossion

Diplomacy is the art of knowing what not to say

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-25-2013, 04:38 PM

I also prefer chrome, but in the winter months I would either get a whole new set of wheels for winter tires or plastidip the oem chrome wheels to protect them and go through winter like that

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-26-2013, 01:41 PM

they dont offer very pretty wheel choices however. I'm trying to figure out if i can swap Encores stock rims for the rims off the Regal GS...

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-26-2013, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokestack View Post
they dont offer very pretty wheel choices however. I'm trying to figure out if i can swap Encores stock rims for the rims off the Regal GS...

That would be sweet, you'll want to start with finding out the bolt pattern and center bore size, and matching that up with the specs on the Encore. Next would be seeing if these wheels would be too big.

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-27-2013, 03:23 PM

That is a nice set of wheels on the buick regal. I think it would actually pair up great with the encore. Not sure if I would put money in to though oem rims could be a lot.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-28-2013, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekki View Post
That is a nice set of wheels on the buick regal. I think it would actually pair up great with the encore. Not sure if I would put money in to though oem rims could be a lot.
OEM wheels are usually made by some reputable wheel maker, I have no problem spending if the pieces are quality.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-29-2013, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokestack View Post
OEM wheels are usually made by some reputable wheel maker, I have no problem spending if the pieces are quality.
exactly, they are as good if not better than authentic aftermarket wheels, so why not. in a lot of cases OEM wheels are cheaper than aftermarket. best way to get the look and quality you want

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Buick Encore Forum : Buick Encore Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page