New owner and member - Buick Encore Forum : Buick Encore Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-21-2020, 02:42 AM Thread Starter

New owner and member

Just picked up a 2020 Encore Sport Touring in Winterberry for my wife's Valentine present! My boss bought an Encore for his wife at this time last year and he had nothing but good things to say about it, especially that it was quieter and more comfortable than his Mercedes sedan. He's 6'5" and has taken it on 3, 7 hour drive to his vacation property in Cortez, CO! Says plenty of power in the mountains and over 30MPG average for the trips up and back. I love the way the body lines flow together, and to tell the truth, I bought this particular car because of the wheels and the sporty look they give the car. I'm a fleet mechanic and hotrodder/roadracer. My Dad drove Buicks from 1952 until 1988 and my first car was a 1963 Buick Skylark, 215"/4-speed! We loved the color as it almost matches the Firethorn metallic 1976 Nova I had when we started dating! I'd like to put 2"wider tires on it and lower it 1.5", but the wife says " Keep your hands off!" Hope to learn more about the car here and things we can do to personalize/ upgrade it a little
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200215_124443_resized (1).jpg (129.7 KB, 1 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-24-2020, 03:36 PM

Garage
Yes, the wheels that come on the Encore's are all great looking. They almost look like they are custom wheels to begin with. I almost bought the Winterberry as it was my second choice, but ended up with the Dee[ Azure Metallic. I used to modify things with every car but I have been more than happy with my last two in keeping stock, though I did install the Buick splash guards and soon lower chrome body side moldings and license plate frame.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Buick Encore Forum : Buick Encore Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page