The Buick Encore is very quiet? - Buick Encore Forum : Buick Encore Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-09-2013, 01:01 PM Thread Starter

The Buick Encore is very quiet?

Did you know the Encore had built in Microphones that detect sound and play a counter sound to cancel out the noise?

You have to admit for a such a small car it does have a quiet ride.

They used quiet tires, lots of sound deadening. And its aerodynamic so it doesn't have as much wind noise.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-09-2013, 08:40 PM

that is pretty cool.
i would assume it already has the same quiet cabin tech as the Verano and this too. Any idea what the noise is? white noise?

post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-10-2013, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by familyguybrian View Post
Did you know the Encore had built in Microphones that detect sound and play a counter sound to cancel out the noise?

You have to admit for a such a small car it does have a quiet ride.

They used quiet tires, lots of sound deadening. And its aerodynamic so it doesn't have as much wind noise.

so the counter sound is white noise that cancels out exterior road noise? neat! Never knew that Buick would have such a technology in the Encore but helps seal the deal even more

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-10-2013, 05:27 PM
Banned

Does it know how to not cancel sounds that are important to your safety? Horns, sirens, i don't know, screams? I always thought it was important you could hear what was going on outside the car so you are aware of everything.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-10-2013, 06:21 PM Thread Starter

I believe its only static noise it cancels out like tire noise or wind noise or engine noise.

post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-10-2013, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfLife View Post
Does it know how to not cancel sounds that are important to your safety? Horns, sirens, i don't know, screams? I always thought it was important you could hear what was going on outside the car so you are aware of everything.
yeah being able to hear emergency vehicles is key, i doubt the cabin will be that quite as emergency vehicle can get really loud

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-11-2013, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfLife View Post
Obviously the system wouldn't cancel out sirens and honking horns. It may cancel out some noise other than wind and road noise, but i don't think its anything dangerous. Can't say until I actually sit in the cabin and do some noise cancellation experiments.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-11-2013, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salizar View Post
Obviously the system wouldn't cancel out sirens and honking horns. It may cancel out some noise other than wind and road noise, but i don't think its anything dangerous. Can't say until I actually sit in the cabin and do some noise cancellation experiments.
there must be some decibel range of noise it can cancel out, because there's no way you won't hear some loud harley rumbling right next to you or even flying by, emergency vehicles are pretty loud too. The tech used to cancel out sound and to act as sound barriers in vehicles can only do so much.

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-11-2013, 06:53 PM

I wouldn't say it cancels out all the noises completely, maybe suppresses it but not entirely. If it were to we would be hearing our own blood pumping.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-12-2013, 02:51 AM

Well i would believe it already has the same silent cottage technical as the Verano and this too. Any concept what the disturbance is? white-colored noise?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Buick Encore Forum : Buick Encore Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page