All the Buick Encore Competitors - Buick Encore Forum : Buick Encore Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-26-2013, 03:09 PM Thread Starter

All the Buick Encore Competitors

Reading about the Buick Encore I have found that it is difficult to pin point exactly which other vehicles would be considered competitors. Buick would probably like to have the Encore in the same class as the BMW X1, Land Rover Range Rover Evoque and the Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class. Given that the Encore has a smaller size, lower price and less brand rep than these vehicles, these might not really be the closest competitors to the Encore though.

In the mid-$20k to low $30k range are vehicles like the Kia Sportage, Chevy Equinox, Honda CR-V and Toyota RAV4. These vehicles are also a bit larger than the Buick Encore, and they don't really target luxury buyers either.

There are also vehicles that are more comparable in size to the Buick Encore, like the Kia Soul and the Honda Fit. These vehicles are priced far below the Encore, and lack the luxury aspect.

SO the question is which of these segments is the Buick really competing in? Do you think it fits into one of these groups of vehicles, or can you think of other vehicles that are closer competitors?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-27-2013, 12:12 PM

Buick has always been an in between brand. It bridges the gap between Cadillac and Chevrolet. Given this info, all the above seems to make sense. I think the point of Buick is to not compete directly with these other vehicles, but instead offer a middle option for people who don't want a economy vehicle, but maybe don't want to drain their bank account with a luxury vehicle either.

instead of asking about which cars compete with the Encore, perhaps we should ask if Buick's in between brand is translating to good sales? Is it an effective strategy?
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-27-2013, 04:22 PM

How small is the Encore? Is it really small enough to compare to a Honda Fit?

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-27-2013, 06:50 PM

I would think the encore is slightly bigger than the Honda fit there is no way it would be that tiny. Something in between the fit and the crv right?
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-28-2013, 12:49 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin R. View Post
I would think the encore is slightly bigger than the Honda fit there is no way it would be that tiny. Something in between the fit and the crv right?
I think that the Encore is smaller than a lot of people think. It may be slightly bigger than the Fit, but not really by much. And it is for sure smaller than the CRV.
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-28-2013, 01:20 PM

How about a size comparison to get things going?

post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-28-2013, 05:57 PM

Would the VW Taigun be a Buick Encore competitor? They seem to fall into the same segment.

post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-28-2013, 06:59 PM

Yeah I believe so and Mercedes is even coming out with a new model called GLA. It will be interesting to see which others will surface up in the segment.
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-29-2013, 12:07 PM

It competes with any compact SUV in the same price range. But i am very interested to see the size differences between the Encore and some of the other cars in the segment.

post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-29-2013, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by familyguybrian View Post
It competes with any compact SUV in the same price range. But i am very interested to see the size differences between the Encore and some of the other cars in the segment.
Yeah size is going to be something that really matters as these are made for families, it will need to have enough cargo space, enough rear passenger space for the average american and all sorts of car seats, etc.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Buick Encore Forum : Buick Encore Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page