Encore MPG Compared - Buick Encore Forum : Buick Encore Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-15-2013, 05:38 PM Thread Starter

Encore MPG Compared

MPG

Encore: 23 City/30 Hwy
Tiguan: 21 City/26 Hwy
Countryman: 23 City/30 Hwy
Soul: 25 City/30 Hwy (1.6L) 23 City/28 Hwy (2.0L)
Fit: 27 City/ 33 Hwy
CRV: 22 City/31 Hwy
RAV4: 22 City/31 Hwy
Escape: 22 City/33 Hwy
Equinox: 20 City/29 Hwy (I4), 16 City/23 Hwy (V6)
Juke: 27 City/32 Hwy
CX-5: 25 City/32 Hwy
Outlander Sport: 24 City/30 Hwy

The Juke comes in with the best average MPG, but it is a pretty even fight among all competitors, with the Encore posting a very respectable number. Although expect the number to be worse if you plan on doing a lot of 5 passenger traveling.

How heavily will/did MPG weigh on your decision yay or nay for the Encore?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-15-2013, 06:07 PM

When it came to mpg the Encore had a decent number to work with but for an all in one with style and the mileage the encore wins by far. We did look at the juke but the front end was way too fancy for our taste. The fit was just another hatchback but also had the best mpg.

We opted for the Encore with an overall score for everything.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-15-2013, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Encore: 23 City/30 Hwy
23 city and 30 highway is still decent compared to the others. We can manage that. Most of our commuting is on the high way so.

Is there a requirement for which type of fuel it takes though? regular or premium?

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-15-2013, 06:11 PM

Oh of course the mileage has to do with everyones decision. for a decent size car like this it will be a deal breaker if you guys told me it took premium.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-15-2013, 06:20 PM

Wow everything I am looking for is in here. Thanks uncle sammy.

Just going over some of the things compared I think everything is leading me to get the Encore. We fell in love with the interior but the trunk space was one of the things mentioned to be small. I mean we can work with it though.

As for the price I don't know if you can find heated options to come around that price. Nothing beats the classy look it has too.

The milage is reasonable too, well depending on which we go with of coourse.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-19-2013, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin R. View Post
Wow everything I am looking for is in here. Thanks uncle sammy.

Just going over some of the things compared I think everything is leading me to get the Encore. We fell in love with the interior but the trunk space was one of the things mentioned to be small. I mean we can work with it though.

As for the price I don't know if you can find heated options to come around that price. Nothing beats the classy look it has too.

The milage is reasonable too, well depending on which we go with of coourse.
I agree. The interior is very nice on the Encore.

The trunk is very lacking though. But it really depends if you really need that much trunk space. It's still good space.

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-19-2013, 04:20 PM

Fuel economy is certainly important when buying a new vehicle. For me it is less about which vehicle has the best fuel efficiency and more about the vehicle just having a good fuel efficiency. The fact that the Encore is keeping up with all its competitors is good enough for me. When a vehicle has stellar fuel efficiency it is a big plus, but there is much more to the decision than just that. Otherwise we would all be driving Teslas and Smart Cars.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-25-2015, 11:39 PM

Uncle Sammy your mpg for the encore is the awd model are the competitions mpg from awd also?.....Mike

Last edited by mluick; 04-25-2015 at 11:46 PM.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-02-2016, 10:25 PM

Garage
Having just gotten rid of our Juke for the Encore I must say the Encore is comparable in mileage for us with AWD on both vehicles. I must say the Encore is way more comfortable though.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 07:11 PM

It had to be above 25 combined to consider. I was looking at a 2019 Vw Jetta and it has outstanding numbers, 30/40. But, I was scared off with torque converter problem rumors. If I get 23 in town (24.1 this morning after 76 miles) and 30 or over on the road, I'm thrilled. Used to 16-18 in town, 25-27 on the road.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Buick Encore Forum : Buick Encore Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page