Buick Encore Forum : Buick Encore Forums

Buick Encore Forum : Buick Encore Forums (https://www.encoreforums.com/forum/)
-   Appearance and Body (https://www.encoreforums.com/forum/appearance-body/)
-   -   How to Remove Front Grille (https://www.encoreforums.com/forum/appearance-body/890-how-remove-front-grille.html)

buickaraneaus 04-21-2014 09:44 PM

How to Remove Front Grille

Hello, I'm a proud owner of a 2013 Buick Encore. :)

I'm wondering if any of the members here know how to remove the front grille of the Encore? It's the one that has the Buick emblem and that has the waterfall design.

I have a custom buick emblem that I received from a friend that I would to attach to it and it needs to be screwed from the back (nuts and bolts).

I'd appreciate it if you can teach me or if you can point me to the right stuff.

Thank you in advance.

familyguybrian 04-22-2014 05:34 PM

im going to take a wild guess here

are there any covers around the latch area under the hood? if you can remove this cover you may be able to access behind the badge to remove it with some extensions and angled extensions.

if not.. you have to remove the front bumper.. which is usually a bunch of clips and some bolts and screws all around the bumper

GRoss 04-22-2014 07:39 PM

havent done this myself but you can try just figuring it out, can't be that hard.

buickaraneaus 04-23-2014 09:57 AM

Thank you very much for this reply. I'll see what I can do.

familyguybrian 04-23-2014 04:21 PM

just poke around

you'll figure it out
front bumpers are usually pretty easy to take off anyways

ForgetMeNow 04-23-2014 05:44 PM

Can't tell you much about how to remove the front grille, but I am interested in seeing the new emblem that you are planning on attaching. Would you be able to post a pic of it for us to see at some point?

GRoss 04-23-2014 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by familyguybrian (Post 7698)
just poke around

you'll figure it out
front bumpers are usually pretty easy to take off anyways

Yup, it's all just a bunch of clips, screws and nuts holding it together and maybe some small brackets.

familyguybrian 04-24-2014 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForgetMeNow (Post 7706)
Can't tell you much about how to remove the front grille, but I am interested in seeing the new emblem that you are planning on attaching. Would you be able to post a pic of it for us to see at some point?

agreed

what does the new emblem look like?

GRoss 04-24-2014 02:00 PM

Never thought about changing the emblem, interested in seeing how this looks

familyguybrian 04-25-2014 06:58 PM

never to be seen from again :(